[McIDAS #EXQ-796373]: McIDAS install

Hi Paul,

re:
> Another weird thing. I run this batch file with hawaiikickoff
>
> EG 1
> GU REST VAPOR 1
> EU REST VAPOR2 1
>
> REM IMGDISP GINIWEST/GHN14KWV 1 LAT=21 156 MAG=2 SU=VAPOR
> IMGDISP GINIWEST/GHR8KWV 1 LAT=21 156 SU=VAPOR
> FRMLABEL IMA=1 "GOES WATER VAPOR SATELLITE  (DAY)  (HHMM)
> MAP H 14 GRA=1 IMA=1
> BATCH 1 SATLABEL.BAT
> FRMSAVE 1 /home/apache/weather/data/satellite/regional/hi-wv.gif
>
> When I use the REM'd line, it works fine...

Hmm... So, the only difference is that the one that gives problems
is not blowing the image up by a factor of 2... weird.

> but when i run the IMGDISP line as written above I see the following:
>
> *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x00000000005e8cb0 ***

This looks bad.  It appears to be an indication that either there is
a memory problem or that something is being stepped on in memory.
I found and fixed a problem in the GINI ADDE 'get' server, so that should
not be the problem on climate (assuming that a current McIDAS is installed
there).

I will try to logon to climate sometime today to take a closer look.  I
may, however, not get to this today as I am trying to un-bury myself from
the load of support emails that were received in the past two days.

> And in the log file i get
> IMGDISP GINIWEST/GHR8KWV 1 LAT=21 156 SU=VAPOR
> Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 481280
> IMGDISP: done
> IMGDISP failed, RC=2
>
> This was like the Alaska one.
> What do you think?

If the server fails, the client (IMGDISP in this case) will report
a failure.  Whether or not this is exactly the same problem as before
is not readily evident.

Perhaps your Debian 64-bit installation has uncovered a problem in the
GINI ADDE 'get' server; then again, perhaps not. I will need to poke
around on climate to see what I can see. If it is a coding problem, I
should be able to find it with the 'mcidas' login you provided me.

re:
> Paul (-10 degrees here...dont tell em about Pheonix! :-)

Boulder's nice too ;-)

Ticket ID: EXQ-796373
Department: Support McIDAS