[McIDAS #WLG-466604]: Question on redirect

Hi Denise,

re:
> I wrote a script to do the GVAR conversion and it works great
> sequentially with redirects for each band to a different directory
> and redirects if the files are over 9999.

Super!

> I really would like to do parallel processing by calling the function
> for each band running in the background, however I cannot seem to get
> the redirect to work this way.  Do you know of a way to keep a redirect
> for one process and have a different redirect for another process without
> them getting crossed?

The REDIRECTs that are made are saved in a persistent file named LWPATH.NAM.
In order to use different REDIRECTs, your scripts would need to create
different versions of LWPATH.NAM.  The only way I can think of doing this
when running multiple scripts from the same account is to create multiple
directories in that account and have each conversion script instance
cd to that directory and do a REDIRECT ADD LWPATH.NAM for that directory
and then setup the REDIRECTs desired.

redirect.k ADD LWPATH.NAM \".
redirect.k ADD ALL \"<directory>     <- fill-in the appropriate info for
                                        directory location

This may be a bit tricky to get correct.

> Trying to cut down on the time it takes to do the conversion.

I understand.  Please let me know how this approach works for you.  I
am in a 2.5 hour meeting starting at 9 am, so I will not be getting
back to you quickly on this.

Ticket ID: WLG-466604
Department: Support McIDAS