[McIDAS #JZW-931485]: Help! I can't get McIDAS 2008 to compile under CentOS 5.2!

Hi Gilbert,

re: the changes I made to ~mcidas/.cshrc were to match those in the web
instructions
> Gotcha.
> OK.
re: cd ~mcidas && tar xvzf mcidasx2008.tar.gz

> I used the mcunpack script. Are you suggesting spomething went wrong with
> it?

No, not at all.  If you did a 'make clobber' at any point, the files installed
in ~mcidas/admin would have gotten deleted.

re: after making the changes, the build and install went without any hiccups.

> Good!

re: Given that you periodically rebuild a system from scratch, it would be a
good idea
to use the 'mcidas' .cshrc setup on weather4 as your template from now on.

> I will put that on my other machines now.

OK.  This should save you some thrashing in the future.

re: why are you using a kernel with Xen support built in

> Nope, it's called: that's the default kernel, and I just blew away those
> features. :-)

OK.

> Thanks for your help, Tom, I really appreciated it!!!

No worries.

Ticket ID: JZW-931485
Department: Support McIDAS