[McIDAS #SLI-227764]: NEXRCALL

Hi Kwan,

re:
> Haven't contacted you for a few months.  How have things been going?

I have been pretty well, thanks.  How have you been?

> For some reason, I am still getting the same error when accessing
> NEXRCALL.  (I was trying to access yesterday's radar data.)  Hope that
> it is something relatively easy to fix.

I just fixed the ADDE server mapping table definitions for the 1KN0R-NAT,
2KN1P-NAT and 4KNTP-NAT products.  Since there are currently 45 days of
data for each product type, getting a listing/access to any one image
is _VERY_ slow.  I really need to incorporate some new code on the server
side that takes advantage of the end-user specifying of the date of the
data being requested.  As it is now, the code must read the headers of
_all_ of the files for all of the days included in the dataset; sort the
images by time; and then get the one asked for or the most recent one
if the user did not specify which one to access.

Comment and question:

- reasonably recently I setup a floating window of 96 of the most recent
  images for the Nexrad composite images.  Unfortunately, this number
  does not result in 24 hours of "current" images in the NEXRCOMP datasets.

- when you go to get old images, how far back are you typically looking?

> Sorry to trouble you again.

No worries.

Ticket ID: SLI-227764
Department: Support McIDAS