[McIDAS #JML-445187]: Need help with McIDAS dataset

Hi Gilbert,

Sorry for the tardy reply...

re:
> Excellent, thank you. BTW, I still have McIDAS 2008 on there. So far, I've
> decided to not update to 2009 because:
>
> 1. I have the latest 2008 version, or very close to that

Very good.

> 2. 2009 version is a small update to 2008 that adds functionality that I
>    don't have a use for right now

Correct.  Please be aware, however, that any/all changes/additions/bugfixes
will be made to the v2009 distribution, not to the v2008 one.

> 3. Looks like what I really want is McIDAS-V, and that comes out...who
>    knows?

> You tell me.

McV is the IDV with the SSEC Hydra package added in (hyper spectral satellite
data analysis).  At some point, I really do think you will want to "kick the
tires" on the IDV.  I think you will be suitably impressed by the things
that it can do that other packages can not (and never will)!  I run the
IDV (and McV) on three different platforms:  my Unidata workstation (a
dual 64-bit Xeon platform with 8 GB of RAM running Fedora 10); my home
Linux workstation (a 32-bit Athlon 2400+ machine with 3.5 GB of RAM running
Fedora 10); and on my Acer Aspire One netbook (Intel Atom processor with
1.5 GB of RAM running Windows XP SP3).  It runs nicely on all three, but
it is very nice to run on a 64-bit system given the memory I can use!

>  Otherwise, again, thanks for your help!

No worries.

Ticket ID: JML-445187
Department: Support McIDAS