[McIDAS #JRK-547142]: install mcidas2009 in a SUN Solaris10x86_64 machine

Hi Hsie,

re: 32-bit MySQL on stratus

> The include files and libs should be in /usr/sfw.

Very good.

I have built McIDAS-X/-XCD in 32-bit mode on stratus and am
ready to test the GRIB2 processing.

'mcidas' needs to do the following:

- delete and remake the MySQL database:

  <as 'mcidas'>

  cd ~mcidas/solaris/workdata

  decinfo.k SET DMBIN INACTIVE   <- I already did this!

  gribadmin removedb             <- I don't have the password to do this

  -- edit ~mcidas/solaris/bin/gribadmin and change to use of the 32-bit MySQL
     (the appropriate lines are in the file already; all that needs to be
     done is to comment out the current 'mysql_path' and 'PATH' lines
     and uncomment the ones appropriate ones for 32-bit MySQL use)

  gribadmin makedb

  decinfo.k SET DMBIN ACTIVE

If all goes well, all GRIB messages from the HRS and NGRID datastreams
should be processed.

I will continue to work on why the processing of GRIB2 is not
working on Solaris 10 x86_64 when McIDAS is built in 64-bit mode.

Ticket ID: JRK-547142
Department: Support McIDAS