[McIDAS #JRK-547142]: install mcidas2009 in a SUN Solaris10x86_64 machine

Hi Hsie,

re: switch to of 32-bit MySQL on stratus to get GRIB2 processing working

> OK.  I resetup the MySQL database using the 32-bit mysqld.

Very good.

> I can not
> reuse the old database (because it was generated by a 64-bit
> mysqld???).

Quite frankly, I didn't know for sure.  I felt it was safest to
simply start with a new database.

> The grib2 model data seem to file OK.

Excellent!

> Thank you very much for your help.

No worries.  Again, I will continue to work on getting the GRIB2
processing working in 64-bit mode on Solaris 10 x86.

Comment/problem:

- I am unable to access McIDAS datasets through the remote ADDE
  interface.  This is true on stratus itself, and from my
  workstation here at the UPC.

  Example:

  <as 'mcidas' on stratus>

  cd /home/mcidas/workdata

  dataloc.k ADD RTGRIBS LOCAL-DATA
  dsinfo.k GRID RTGRIBS
           Dataset Names of Type: GRID  in Group: RTGRIBS

  Name         NumPos   Content
  ------------ ------   --------------------------------------
  ALL          99999    All grids
  AWC-ALL      99999    AWC - All National Convective Weather Diagnostic grids
  AWR-ALL      99999    AWR - All Alaska Waters Regional Wave Model grids
  ECM-ALL      99999    ECMWF - All European Cntr for Med range Weather Fcst

  dataloc.k ADD RTGRIBS stratus.al.noaa.gov
  dsinfo.k GRID RTGRIBS  <- this hangs.  It will eventually timeout

I think you need to restart the mcidas-tcp service on stratus.  We have
seen similar hangs on our Solaris 10 x86 machines, but they are usually
associated with the mcidas-tcp service being offline.  This service is
not currently being shown as being offline on stratus:

 svcs mcidas-tcp
STATE          STIME    FMRI
online         Sep_23   svc:/network/mcidas-tcp:default

but access to any data through the remote ADDE interface does not
work.

Ticket ID: JRK-547142
Department: Support McIDAS