[McIDAS #JRK-547142]: install mcidas2009 in a SUN Solaris10x86_64 machine

Hi Hsie,

re:
> The GRIB decoder seems work fine over the weekend.  But the DMMISC
> decoder seems to have problem.  It used a large amount of CPU time (more
> than 92 hours over the weekend).

My first guess is that there was an XCD configuration step that was
missed during the upgrade from v2007 to v2009.  I will need to investigate
to know for sure.

re:
> Two questions:

> (1) DMMISC complains the time stamp?

I will need to investigate why DMMISC is misbehaving.

> (2) Why DMBIN want to read "bufrVersion1TableA.txt" from workdata
> directory instead of data directory? The file exists in
> /home/mcidas/solaris/data directory.
> Correct my previous email. The file "bufrVersion1TableA.txt" does not
> exist in the system. Do we need that file?

The file "bufrVersion1TableA.txt" does not exist in the distribution.
It is unfortunate that the code spits out this warning.  Just
so you know, I pointed this out to SSEC quite some time ago in
regards to v2008; they acknowledged my observation, but did not
take any corrective action in v2009.

re:
> We already add /us/sfw/lib to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental variable
> in .mcenv file. Why in the "ROUTEPP.LOG", it still complains:

> BATCH UB 177 109271 60000 1 "GW-WV.BAT
> ld.so.1: mcenv: fatal: libmysqlclient.so.12: open failed: No such file
> or directory
> Killed

The settings in /home/mcidas/.mcenv are only used by the remote ADDE
server.  The fact that any/all scripts that run McIDAS executables
needed to have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to include the directory where
the 32-bit shared MySQL library is located is something that I should
have thought about last week.  I just modified ~ldm/decoders/bin/batch.k
to include /usr/sfw/lib in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH that it defines.

Note that I also modified ~ldm/decoders/bin/xcd_run to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and then restarted the LDM.  After doing this, I noticed that DMBIN
(executable dmbin.k) is producing segmentation violations and is
exiting.  I don't think that the segmentation violations are related
to the setting of LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but I am investigating nonetheless.

Ticket ID: JRK-547142
Department: Support McIDAS