[McIDAS #KRH-362919]: MciDAS GOES data inquiry

Hi Weidong,

re:
> Thanks a lot, I would rather using MciDAS-x under Linux as it sound easier for
> me,

Very good.

> here is the statement:
>
> My name is Weidong Xu, I am a research associate of Kings College London. I am
> working on a fire detection project using GOES data. I am very interesting in
> using McIDAS-x to download GOES data. I can confirm that:
>
> 1. I am accessing McIDAS from Unidata in Kings College London, which is a UK
> non profit educational university.
> 2. McIDAS will be used for PHD students in Remote Sensing class practical and
> lecturers.
> 3. McIDAS will not be used by any government agency, non-academic research
> institute, or private concern.
> 4. I also confirm I will not re-distribute any portion of the software

Excellent, thanks.

> Please check if this is can suit the purpose to download McIDAS-x,
Your statement is just what was needed!

I have added you (address@hidden) to the list of users/sites allowed
to download McIDAS from Unidata.  Please remember that you will need to
login to our website in order to be allowed access to the package.

>  I will appreciate that you can send me a script to download the GOES data.

I will send you a script suitable for accessing the GOES data off of
our GOES-East/West/South ingest machines later today.  In the meantime
please send me the list of imager bands (wavelength channels) that you
will need for your fire detection algorithm.

Ticket ID: KRH-362919
Department: Support McIDAS