[McIDAS #KRH-362919]: MciDAS GOES data inquiry

Hi Weidong,

re:
> Your goescopy code work properly here, many thanks.

Very good.

> What I want to do here are:
>
> 1.download the latest GOES data automatically in real time if possible, When
>   the data comes to the servers, we can download it without the risk of losing
>   data. I do not know how you update GOES data to the Server, do you only
> update
>   it only after the data complete, so all the data I can see is complete?

No, the ADDE servers for GOES data are receiving the data in realtime (line by
line).  The default for McIDAS IMGCOPYs is to track the ingest of data, meaning
that the IMGCOPY will continue to run for as long as the image continues to
come in.  It will finish when the scan full scan stops.

>   Or in
>   MSG SERIVI case here, the EUmetcast transform it line by line, I need to
> keep
>   an eye to see if it complete.

You do not need to keep an eye on the IMGCOPY progress.  It will finish when the
scan finishes.

> 2.save the GOES data with the data and time in the name and in different fold
>   like /home/mcidas/data/2009/10/15/AREA_GOES_EAST_FD_200910150845.band2, if
> not
>   possible, I will copy and move it.

You need to copy or rename the file that is created in the output ADDE dataset
created by the IMGCOPY invocation.

> 3.run my IDL code do the fire detection and save the result, then delete the
>   GOES image data, by the way do you know any good IDL code can read the
> McIDAS
>   area data?

Off hand, I do not know of IDL code.  I will ask around to see if I can find
something useful.

> I know nothing about the McIDAS, it is a good chance for me to learn it now.
> Please give me some clue on how to this, I will start with the McIDAS learning
> guide.

The Learning Guide or the Training Workshop materials are the correct place to
start.
I can answer your questions as they come up.  Please send your questions to
address@hidden as new inquiries (i.e., please do not respond to
this existing inquiry).

Ticket ID: KRH-362919
Department: Support McIDAS