[McIDAS #ZDH-972490]: Problem compiling McIDAS-X 2009 on Solaris 10

Hi Robert,

re:
> Did a make clobber, then make, made sure config.status was gone..same result:
>
> cc -O -O -DNDEBUG  tclAppInit.o -L/usr/mcidas/mcidas2009/tcl/unix -ltcl8.5
> -ldl  -lsocket -lnsl -lm  \
> -Wl,-R,/usr/mcidas/tcl/lib -o tclsh
> symbol                             in file
> ieee_flags
> /usr/mcidas/mcidas2009/tcl/unix/libtcl8.5.so
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to tclsh
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `tclsh'
> Current working directory /usr/mcidas/mcidas2009/tcl/unix
>

> Here are the lines from the /usr/mcidas/mcidas2009/tcl/unix/Makefile:
>
> LIBS            = -ldl  -lsocket -lnsl -lm
> CC                      = cc

OK, we have found the problem: your LIBS setting in the tcl/unix/Makefile
is incorrect for your OS.  Since this is created by a configure script,
it must mean that your special setup: "Solaris 10 U8 is installed under a
VirtualBox on Windows Vista" is causing the configure script to not
create the correct LIBS setting for the build.

Please do the following to see if it works:

<as 'mcidas'>

- edit the Makefiles in both ~mcidas/mcidas2009/tcl/unix and
  ~mcidas/mcidas2009/tk/unix and change the LIBS setting from
  what you show above to:

LIBS = -ldl -lsocket -lnsl -lsunmath -lm

cd ~mcidas/mcidas2009/src
make

Ticket ID: ZDH-972490
Department: Support McIDAS