[McIDAS #BAH-926480]: nexrcomp problems

Hi Jeff,

re:
> And welcome back.

Thanks.  It was a good trip... we have lots to talk about wrt EUMETSAT
interactions.

re:
> > I am not seeing this problem.  Here is what I did to test access:
> >
> > - did a listing of the NEXRCOMP realtime holdings from McIDAS-X
> > - a load of the latest image in McIDAS-X
> > - load of the latest 10 images in a loop in McIDAS-X
> > - access and display of the latest image in IDV v2.9a1 2010-03-24 07:06 UTC
> > - logged onto motherlode to see if there were any hung ADDE processes, and
> >   I found none
> >
> > Can you test again to see if the problem persists for you?

> I am still getting this in the IDV.
> Select adde.ucar.edu NEXRCOMP
> It lists the image types
> Select any of the image types to get the times and the IDV hangs.

Like I mentioned above, this did not happen for me on my netbook (Windows XP
Home)
when running the IDV v2.9a1 this morning.

re:
> This does not happen on the nsf machine

Weird!

re:
> Do we keep around more times on motherlode than on cise?
> Are they running the same adde version?

The setup for ADDE-served images should be the same on ingest as they are
on motherlode -- same number of days; same number of images in the current
pool; etc.

I will take a second look when I get into the office (about 40 minutes from
now).

Ticket ID: BAH-926480
Department: Support McIDAS