[McIDAS #FJX-773901]: TXT2MD modification

Hi Owen,

re:
> Yes, I am doing very well. In fact my wife, Melissa, and I now have 2
> little girls. Natalie was born about 5 months ago and is nice and chubby
> and happy.

Congratulations!

re:
> If you can logon and recompile txt2md, that would be great.
> I'd like MAXCOL to be as large as you can make it without hogging too
> much memory. If it automatically hogs memory based on MAXCOL even if you
> don't use the full allotment, then of course we need to be careful how
> big we make it.
> For now I think I can get by with 25000, but 50000 would be great.

OK.  I just rebuilt the executable for TXT2MD on rainbow.al.noaa.gov
specifying a MAXCOL of 50000.  FYI: rainbow seems to be the machine
on which Hsie would build McIDAS and the LDM for Linux.  Your machine
gale shows that /home/mcidas is available via an NFS mount.

re:
> I run mcidas on the linux machine gale.al.noaa.gov
> my $PATH shows /home/mcidas/linux/bin
> my $MCPATH shows
> /home/ocooper/mcidas/data:/home/mcidas/linux/data:/home/mcidas/linux/help

Yup.

re:
> If you don't have permission to log on to gale you can try one of the
> other linux machines, they all have the same mcidas configuration.

I first logged onto gale and then noticed that /home/mcidas was available
via a mount from rainbow.  I logged off and then onto rainbow where I
rebuilt the TXT2MD executable as I noted above.

Ticket ID: FJX-773901
Department: Support McIDAS