[McIDAS #WAZ-899768]: migrating to goes-13

Hi Ed,

re:
> i am getting an image,
> but there is STILL no information ( time stamp etc ) in the bottom left of
> the image.
> the script is /home2/eryan/get_ge_ir_atl_v1.csh,
> and the output from imgdisp.k is ...
> /home/mcidas/workdata
> cannot locate string names - rerun setup.
> Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 3388648
> cannot locate string names - rerun setup.
> cannot locate string names - rerun setup.
> cannot locate string names - rerun setup.
> cannot locate string names - rerun setup.
> imgdisp.k: Unable to get frame directory information
> imgdisp.k: Unable to get frame directory information
> cannot locate string names - rerun setup.
> imgdisp.k: Failed to write nav for frame  1
> cannot locate string names - rerun setup.
> IMGDISP: loaded frame  1
> imgdisp.k: done
> cannot locate string names - rerun setup.

This is definitely the problem that is causing the lack of labeling
on your display.  Exactly why this is happening is a mystery to me
right now.

Would it be possible to be able to logon as you so I can troubleshoot
directly?  If yes, all I would need is your password (with NO reference
to the machine or account).

re:
> Frame saved in /home2/eryan/mcidas/data/atlantic_ir.gif
>
> at what step is this information supposed to be written,
> imgremap.k , imgdisp.k , or frmsave.k ?'

IMGDISP writes the label.

re:
> and WHY isn't it ?

The error above is the reason.  Why there is this error is not known to
me at this point.

re:
> i am having a real hard time with this!

Me too!

re:
> and i also can't understand why a script that worked for GOES-12, won't work
> on GOES-13.
> once the 'tables' were set up to include  'GOES-13', why does my script stop
> working ?
> thanks agian,

I have to believe that something else changed at the same time, OR there is some
other problem with the McIDAS installation on metofis.  FYI: I noticed that
metofis is running the unpatched v2009.  I downloaded the updates needed to
bring
it up to the current release, v2009e, but have not built them yet.  Perhaps I
should
do this first?

Ticket ID: WAZ-899768
Department: Support McIDAS