[McIDAS #QLW-227820]: 20100701: McIDAS ADDE server access issue CONDUIT and upgrade of gribinsert to version 1.4 (cont.)

Hi Patrick,

re:
> We are having errors related to McIDAS, and I found a thread from
> February where the user and you were going back and forth about a very
> similar error.  I wanted to inquire to see if there was any resolution.
> I see the thread here:
>
> http://mailman.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/mcidas/msg04229.html

The problem being experienced by the user for this inquiry was being caused
by the GVAR ADDE server running on the machine from which he was trying to
IMGCOPY GOES-East data, goeseast.unidata.ucar.edu.

Questions:

- are you getting the same sort of an error while accessing Unidata-maintained
  ADDE servers (e.g., goeseast.unidata.ucar.edu, goeswest.unidata.ucar.edu,
  goessouth.unidata.ucar.edu)?

  You shouldn't be since I implemented a code change that fixed the problem
  that the user was having.

- if you are not trying to access a Unidata-maintained GVAR ADDE server,
  what server are you trying to access, and what dataset(s) are you trying
  to access on it(them)?

Ticket ID: QLW-227820
Department: Support McIDAS