[McIDAS #MUX-792755]: ADDE Connection port

Hi Walt,

Sorry for the slow reply.  I am currently in Foz do Iguassu, Brazil at
the AGU Meeting of the Americas, and getting access to the Internet is
sometimes a hit-or-miss proposition...

re:
> I am trying to access adde.ucar.edu through the IDV program. We recently
> had a internet switchover and I think that the port is blocked. In order
> to access data on the adde server, what port(s) need to be open?

You will need to make sure that you can make requests to port 112 on
the remote server(s) you want to access.

re:
> Also, does inbound and/or outbound need to be opened?

You only need port 112 opened on inbound connections if you are running
your own ADDE server.  Since I don't think this is the case, you only
need to worry about port 112 outbound.

Ticket ID: MUX-792755
Department: Support McIDAS