[McIDAS #QPH-223895]: Event-Driven McIDAS and MySQL

Hi Andrew,

re:
> Has anyone ever executed a script from data being ingested over a remote
> ADDE server?

I routinely execute scripts that do an IMGCOPY from a remote ADDE server
and then do something with the image just received (e.g., compress and
rename it).

re:
> I was hoping that there was a way to execute a script from LWPATH.NAM
> or one of those type of MCIDAS-X system config files.

There is no way to execute a script from LWPATH.NAM as it is simply a repository
of McIDAS REDIRECTion definitions.

re:
> I am trying to migrate the 1KMN0R and 1KMNET gini radar imagery that we
> receive via ADDE from files stored in directories and insert them into
> a MySQL DB.

Conceptually, this is should not be difficult.

Question:

- do you have the IMGCOPY running from a script currently?

re:
> In addition, does anyone know of any other functionalities in McIDAS-X
> that use MySQL other than the GRIB data?

There are none.

re:
> Also, Besides IDD, does anyone know if "National Composite Radar Imagery"
> comes in via NOAAPORT/LDM?

I believe that the national composite radar images you are referring to are
the ones that we create from the individual NEXRAD Level III images every
5 minutes.  Since these are not NOAA/NWS products, they will never be broadcast
via NOAAPort.  As far as I know, there are no Level III composite products
currently in NOAAPort or other free satellite dissemination service.

Ticket ID: QPH-223895
Department: Support McIDAS