[McIDAS #WUE-272422]: GOES 12 or 13

Hi Gustavo,

Here is the bad news concerning the problem you have encountered
with your 5.11.1 installation of GEMPAK not being able to correctly
display GOES-12 images:

- there were two significant changes made to GEMPAK after 5.11.1
  that are needed to be able to use GOES-13 (and GOES-14 and GOES-15)
  images:

  - changes to imgtype.tbl and imgcoeffs.tbl

  - changes to some source code

This means that you will need to rebuild GEMPAK from source in order
to be able to use the UNIWISC GOES-East/GOES-13 images.

I believe that your current GEMPAK distribution was a binary installation.
We no longer provide binaries installations of GEMPAK (too many of the
end-user problems being reported were because the binary did not work
well on user systems that were a little different from the machines on
which the distributions were built).  This means that you will need to
build GEMPAK from source, and this, in turn, means that:

- you will need to install an appropriate development environment
  on your machine

- you might as well upgrade your installation to the current GEMPAK
  release, 6.2.0

We are happy to help you build the latest version of GEMPAK.  To do
this, we will need login access as the user 'gempak' AND as 'root'
(so the needed development packages can be installed).  If you are
willing for us to do this, please send the 'gempak' and 'root'
passwords like you did for 'ldm's password.

Ticket ID: WUE-272422
Department: Support McIDAS