[McIDAS #NGM-207442]: mcidas

Hi Sepide,

re:
> I was working on GOEs 7 data in mcidas, as you taught me, i was changing the
> data from area format to netcdf and it actually works, but when i am doing
> imgcopy and i don't define a size, i suppose it should do it for the whole
> area file, but what i get in the netcdf files for Lat and Lon, i get very
> unusual large amounts.

It is best if you always define the size.

re:
> Also the resolution of goes 7 is 1 KM, but i guess the values that i get are
> very finer than that.

The only way you should get what looks like higher resolution is if you
change the projection of the original image (for example, by using IMGREMAP).

re:
> I also have a region with some stations that i pretty far and because of
> this problem i have to extract each station one by one.

I do not understand this comment.  Can you elaborate?

re:
> have you ever had similar problem?

No, not really.  Please describe exactly what you are doing.  This would
be best done by including the sequence of commands you are using.

Ticket ID: NGM-207442
Department: Support McIDAS