[McIDAS #HZC-630597]: mcidas question

Hi Sepide,

re: have you worked past the problems you have been having
> the problem is not solved
>
> the error that i get is  REdiredtion failed : invalid file name
>
> the commands that i used was
> mkdir /mnt/goes9195/1993/VIS932/OUTPUT
>
> redirect.k ADD NCDF932\* \"/mnt/goes9195/1993/VIS932/OUTPUT

I just ran this REDIRECT command in my McIDAS v2009 installation under
Fedora 12, and I had no problems:

% redirect.k ADD NCDF932\* \"/mnt/goes9195/1993/VIS932/OUTPUT
redirect.k: Done

The entry it created in my LWPATH.NAM was:

NCDF932* /mnt/goes9195/1993/VIS932/OUTPUT

The only thing I can imagine is that you are running the REDIRECT command
from a directory in which you do not have write permission so LWPATH.NAM
is not being created.

Is there any chance I could logon to your machine and investigate the
strange problems you are having?  If yes, please send me the fully-qualified
name of the machine in one email, and the password for the 'mcidas' account
in a separate email that does not mention the machine for which it is
valid.

Ticket ID: HZC-630597
Department: Support McIDAS