[McIDAS #IND-391015]: MCIDAS BATCH Files

Hi Paul,

re:
> Silly me! I had edited the wrong file! Since we only have me running
> mcidas i run it as mcidas and did not change mcidas_env but use_env

Ah Ha!

re:
> I had done the MCPATH correctly! Thanks!

Excellent!

re:
> A few other questions: WWDISP - can I set the label color on the top?

I just checked the code, and the color level used is hardwired to be '5'.
Exactly
what color level '5' is depends on the graphics table that is being used.
In the default graphics table (GRAPHICS.GRX), color level '5' is red.  If
you want to change this, create a new graphics table and restore it to the
frame.  For instance:

ERASE
IMGDISP NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT LINELE=1500 2368 PLACE=C MAG=-5 -5 EU=BREF24 SF=YES
BAND= X REFRESH='MAP FILE=OUTVHPOL MCOLOR=1 WIDTH=1 GRA=(GRA);BAR (GRA) SU=X X
COL=7 ORIENT=VER'
WWDISP OLAY
GU MAKE 5 WHITE

The last line will turn the red label to white.  If you always want to use the
same color scheme, save the modified graphics color table to a new one:

GU SAVE WWDISP

Make sure to remember to load this color table in the display sequence:

ERASE
GU REST WWDISP
IMGDISP NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT LINELE=1500 2368 PLACE=C MAG=-5 -5 EU=BREF24 SF=YES
BAND= X REFRESH='MAP FILE=OUTVHPOL MCOLOR=1 WIDTH=1 GRA=(GRA);BAR (GRA) SU=X X
COL=7 ORIENT=VER'
WWDISP OLAY

re:
> Also, is there a way to have flood watches not hatched and flood warnings
> filled?

Yes.  The FILl= keyword for WWDISP should allow you to do what you want.

run:

HELP WWDISP

to get a listing of the HELP for WWDISP.  Or, you can look up WWDISP in the
Unidata McIDAS Users Guide:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
  McIDAS
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas
    Unidata McIDAS-X User's Guide (html)
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/toc.html
      Chapter 3 - Commands
      Commands by Alphabetical Order

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/CommandsbyAlphabeticalOrder.html
        WWDISP

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/WWDISP.html

re:
> Here is what we are using:
> http://climate.cod.edu/data/nexrad/illinois.ww.gif

OK.  Are you using the WSI NEXRAD composites?

Ticket ID: IND-391015
Department: Support McIDAS