[McIDAS #IND-391015]: MCIDAS BATCH Files

Hi Paul,

re:
> Thanks for the info. Do you have any more info on EU and SU tables?

I am not sure what you are asking about... Are you asking how to use
EU to create new enhancement tables and SU to create new stretch tables?

re:
> I do
> not really understand what is happening despite reading much of the
> documents. I have some that I had created a long time ago but would like
> to add a few more IR and WV enhancements. I know that there are several
> that Wisconsin uses...do you know where I can get the information for the
> correct breakdowns? No sense re-inventing the wheel.

I included all of the enhancements that UW/SSEC includes in their release
of McIDAS in the Unidata release plus a number I got from CSU/CIRA.

Question:

- which Wisconsin enhancements are you referring to?

re:
> Also, i have exported McIDAS display so I can use it on my MAC which is
> great! However, I cannot figure out how to get the right click to work. (I
> was trying EB and cannot exit the command.) Control-Mouse does not do
> anything in McIDAS even though on other programs (like web browsers.)

I know that there is a way to emulate mouse button 3, but I don't know what
it is. Also, I know that you can use a 3-button mouse on a Mac.  You have to
go into a setup somewhere to let the OS know that you are using a 3-button
mouse.

 "I just did a Google search to see what others have to say about invoking a
  right mouse click on a Mac; here is a snippit from one post:

  On OS X systems such as Apple’s mac computers, you can simulate a right-click
  by holding down the control key while performing a mouse click or trackpad
click.

  With modern trackpads, one can also perform a right-click by tapping the
trackpad
  with two fingers."

I can't verify that this works because I don't have a Mac to test it on.

Most interactive McIDAS commands also understand ALT-Q as a termination
sequence (hold down the Alt key and press Q).  Unfortunately, EB is not one
of them.  The brute force method for stopping EB is to kill its process ID.
Pressing the '?' key from the McIDAS Text and Command window will cause
the processes being run by the user.  Find the process ID for EB and use
the KILL command (e.g., KILL 2293, etc.).

Ticket ID: IND-391015
Department: Support McIDAS