[McIDAS #JGU-378119]: cannot connect to server

Hi Kathy-Ann and Bernie,

Kathy-Ann wrote:
> I followed Bernies instruction and did the DATALOC DEL and ADD and no luck..
>
> DATALOC HOST gave me a list of server and the IP address but yet not
> connecting to server.

I got your second email with information on SSHing to your machine.  I logged
on and started poking around... I ran into the same problems that you did --
access to several servers on port 112 is being blocked somewhere close to
you (i.e., on the machine itself (63.175.159.25); on the firewall for
CIMH; in the firewall for your ISP; or somewhere else in the chain.  I
say this because ADDE servers that we maintain are completely open to
all traffic on port 112, and I couldn't get to those servers from your
machine.

I have gotten our system administrator involved in figuring out where the
connection attempt is being blocked.  Hopefully we can figure out something
in the next couple of days.

More as I learn things...

Ticket ID: JGU-378119
Department: Support McIDAS