[McIDAS #CZH-645727]: McIDAS question

Hi Bernie,

I apologize for taking so long to get to your inquiry.  I was on travel
in Cyprus, and my access to the Internet was spotty since last Wednesday...

re:
> I have what is probably a strange question. I have a lot of Meteosat
> images in AREA format that I received from Eumetsat. A colleague is
> sending me a version of a solar model that processes Meteosat images
> but reads  them in openMTP format. Is there a way of converting the
> Meteosat AREA format images that I have into openMTP format?

I don't know of a way to convert images in McIDAS AREA format to openMTP
format.  The approach to conversion in McIDAS has always been to write
an input server that understands non-AREA formats so that users can
IMGCOPY images in those formats into McIDAS AREA files.  The only server
that works the other way is the one for netCDF.  That server was written
to create images that were compatible with AWIPS.

Sorry that I don't have more/better information!

Ticket ID: CZH-645727
Department: Support McIDAS