[McIDAS #YOE-898036]: Re: [DATA:] [FAQ:] MSLP maps are incorrect (fwd)

Hi Paul,

Your follow-up email to John Haynes of CSU/CIRA included below seems to
indicate that you do not need a reply from me.  True?

Just so you know, I was going to suggest that you review which pressure
parameter you were using for your displays, and I was also going to
ask what time of the hour you were producing the plot.  The reason
for the question on the timing was to make sure that the plots in
question were not being produced before a sufficient portion of the
reports for Canada were available.

Please let me know if you are waiting for anything from me...

Paul Sirvatka wrote:
> One other thing I have just found...when I use our mesoanalysis tools on
> the satellite overlays, that problem does not exist.
>
> The answer is in that one uses PMSL and the other PSL
>
> I will have to look at how those two are different. Take a look now as I
> am using the PMSL routine and that problem disappears! THANK YOU
>
> Paul

> Dear John,
>
> This is an interesting observation. It harkens back to some other problems
> in the dropping of presure to MSLP. Since this is a McIDAS issues I have
> cc'd the problem to Unidata. I would *assume* there is a problem with this
> conversion.
>
> I must admit, I am thinking of changing to something with a 2 pass BArnes
> filter and am playing with some GEMPAK. I would like to know this answer
> to. Thank you for pointing this out.
>
> Paul

Ticket ID: YOE-898036
Department: Support McIDAS