[McIDAS #OTI-698264]: GOES-west ADDE Server hung

Hi Fred,

re:
> The GOES-west ADDE server appears to be hung on July 31 and not bringing
> in current data.  The GOES-east ADDE server appears ok.

Thanks for the heads-up.  Our current hypothesis is that the receiver
that was powering the GOES-West LNB was not delivering enough current
to the LNB.  We redid the connections (signal is Teed and half goes
to our GOES-West SDI receiver and the other half goes to RAL's GOES-West
Terascan receiver) and decided to have both receivers send LNB power.
Since doing this we have had signal lock, and the images look clean.
We are concerned, however, about the indicated signal strength as it
is measurably lower than for the GOES-East receiver.  A good part of
this will be due to using a solid dish for GOES-East and a mesh dish
for GOES-West, but not all of it...

Thanks again for alerting us to the ingest problem!

Ticket ID: OTI-698264
Department: Support McIDAS