[McIDAS #OTI-698264]: GOES-west ADDE Server hung

Hi Fred,

re:
> In the past I have had problems with wasps building a nest in the
> nose of the GOES antenna.  Not only does it knock down the signal
> strength, but the wasps get real nasty when one tries to destroy
> their home.  This is the time of year when these types of antenna
> problems happen, so you might check the antenna for wasps or bees.

We did a visual inspection of the dish, cabling, etc. before going
to the computer room that houses the ingest hardware, but we saw
nothing obvious.  I have to admit, however, that I did not look up
the barrel of the LNB to see if some bees or wasps had setup house
keeping.  I will check this out when I head back over to the dish
either this afternoon or tomorrow.

Thanks again...

Ticket ID: OTI-698264
Department: Support McIDAS