[Support #AAB-424591]: Data request

Hi Boris,

Rosie at the SSEC Data Center forwarded your request below to us (Unidata)
since you are from a university and got McIDAS-X from us.

I apologize for the slow response, but Thursday/Friday was a national
holiday here in the U.S. (Thanksgiving), so we were not at work.

re:
> Hello, I have followed the steps as indicated and create the dataset,
> called GOES/ SOUNDER. I copied a file of OGOES12/SNDRto GOES / SOUNDER,
> my question is:
> In what directory on my machine it has been copied?

The file created by the IMGCOPY invocation would be put in the first
writable directory in the list of directories defined in the MCPATH
environment variable for the user that ran IMGCOPY.  In Unidata McIDAS
this would be the ~/workdata directory if the user is 'mcidas' and
~/mcidas/data if the user is not 'mcidas'.

re:
> or how I can handle these files, because I want to display in McIDAS-V

The file(s) created should be in AREA file format.  McIDAS-V can read these
files in directly.

re:
> If I have installed McIDAS-X on my pc
> account: mcidas
> ip = 132.248.8.26
> and I have installed McIDAS-V in a different account, there is some way
> to make a connection to McIDAS-X through MCIDAS-V, to access the data
> OGOES12/SNDR.

In McIDAS-V you can either access the files using the Files selector
or you could setup an ADDE dataset in McIDAS-X and then access the
files using ADDE.  The latter option would require that you setup
McIDAS-X to allow remote access.  Since this is a multi-step process,
it might be simplier/easier to use the Files access in McIDAS-V.

Ticket ID: AAB-424591
Department: Support McIDAS