[McIDAS #NEG-766601]: GOES WEST

Hi Paul,

re:
> Hello and Merry Christmas!

Same back atcha!!

re:
> Several weeks ago, it is my understanding that GOES West changed and now
> has 4km resolution to the WV channel.

Correct.  The other changes are:

- the wavelength for the VIS channel is now 0.62 um
- the long wave IR channel is now 13.3 um (it was 12.0 um)

re:
> Everything else on our site seems to be working but that.

When you say everything, are you referring to accessing the datasets
in McIDAS?  If yes, are you accessing the images from your own system,
or are you are getting the images from a remote server (like
adde.ucar.edu).

Comments:

- if you are using McIDAS on your own system, you need to add ADDE
  dataset definitions for the 4km WV and 8 km 13.3 um (CO2 band) long
  wave IR.

  As soon as I know more about your setup, I can help you with the
  new ADDE dataset definitions.

- if you are accessing the NOAAPort-delivered images from remote
  servers like adde.ucar.edu, you need to change your dataset reference:

  change:

  GINIWEST/GW8KWV

  to:

  GINIWEST/GW4KWV

  change:

  GINIWEST/GW8K12

  to:

  GINIWEST/GW8K13

re:
> It has once again slipped my mind as to what changes i need to do. Any
> quick help would be greatly appreciated!

If you are working in/with McIDAS, the above may be enough to get you
going.  If you are referring to something else like GEMPAK, other changes
may be necessary.

Ticket ID: NEG-766601
Department: Support McIDAS