[McIDAS #MWQ-801749]: McIDAS-X 2009 and Solaris 11 Express

Hi Robert,

re:
> Well, I have not actually tried to run MCGUI on this one.

Actually, it looks like McIDAS had not been run at all, or,
at least, it had not been run from the 'mcidas' account.

Just so you know, I have been plotting imagery and point data with
absolutely no hiccups.  If you run McIDAS from the console and
experience problems, then the problem must be particular to the
X server running on the machine.  In my tests, McIDAS is talking
to the X server on my CentOS 6.2 x86_64 instance (which, by the way,
is a VMware virtual machine running on my Windows 7 I7 laptop).

re:
> but the one I shipped off to Sweden last week had the MCGUI issue
> and the only difference is that this is an AMD machine and the other
> was Intel..same OS rev level, same Sun Studio and GNU compilers.

OK.  The difference in testing may end up being the MCGUI interaction
with the X server running on the box.  You will find out if this
is the case as soon as you crank-up McIDAS from the console.  Please
do this as the user 'mcidas'.

re:
> I will try to run the GUI locally here in a bit.  On the other
> workstations I never tried to run the GUI as user McIDAS, always
> some other user.  I wonder if that is a difference...

I wouldn't imagine that the problem would be user-specific, but
you can test if it is pretty quickly by running McIDAS from the
console first as the user 'mcidas' and then as some other user.

Ticket ID: MWQ-801749
Department: Support McIDAS