[McIDAS #CWC-204890]: Software download

Hi Adia,

re:
> Thanks Tom. The answers to the further questions asked are as follows,
>
> Yes am still a graduate student awaiting Senate's approval (my university's
> authority)
> for my external oral examination, that's how is been done here. I am done
> with my
> research, you one has the opportunity to take up assignments like what am
> doing for
> diploma students.
> Yes in the department as state.
>
> The use of the software is not for the purpose of my research as a
> postgraduate student
> and done with that. The intent of the software has been stated earlier and
> also to add
> it aid my research interest in more in satellite Meteorology. I normal
> receive updates,
> newsletter from unidata and I haven't participated in any, so this will be an
> opportunity for me.
>
> I will be the sole user of the software, and after which I may have used it
> to train
> students, if they are interested then I can refer the to you, as regards my
> agreement
> with unidata.
>
> Am not bored with the questions, you are doing you job.

> Conclusively, am still to remain in the academia mostly likely department of
> remote
> sensing and GIS of my university which am been considered. I believe having
> these
> resources and further collaboration will assist our training and research in
> the
> interest area here in Nigeria/ Africa.

Your situation is on the boundary between what is obviously not permissible and
what
is permissible under our license to distribute McIDAS-X.  I will be contacting
SSEC today to see if they approve of our giving you the software or not.  I will
let you know their decision as soon as I get it.

re:

> Well I have the IDV on my system, but I try using the remote servers to get
> data, I
> notice it doesn't load. I go from the data chooser.....

Which data set(s)/data server(s) have you tried to get data from?  Perhaps we
can help you to get IDV functioning properly.

Aside comment:

- for satellite data, the IDV contacts the same McIDAS-X ADDE server(s) as
  McIDAS.  If your IDV is failing to get satellite data for some as yet
  unknown reason, it might well be the case that McIDAS-X would have the
  same problem(s).  One of the main reasons I say this is that the satellite
  access code in the IDV is inspired by/based on the code in McIDAS-X

Ticket ID: CWC-204890
Department: Support McIDAS