[McIDAS #GEJ-957244]: McIDAS GOES-South Problem

Hi Ken,

re:
> It appears that future data got put into SOUTH/SH.7
>
> [muser@mcidas-dev01 output]$ imglist.k SOUTH/SH.0
>
> Image file directory listing for:SOUTH/SH
> Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center   Band(s)
> sensor                                 Lat  Lon
> --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ---- ------------
> 7  G-12 IMG       3 MAY 12124  22:28:00   -19   62 1-4,6
>
> imglist.k: done
>
> Could you please delete SOUTH/SH.7?

I deleted the errant entry in the affected ADDE dataset descriptor
files right after I saw your note this morning.

Quick comments:

- I really appreciate you alerting us to this kind of problem!

- the procedure you are using to incorporate GOES-South data into
  global composites (I think that this is what Fred said you are
  doing) really should be made smarter so that these kinds of
  glitches do not affect it.

  I believe that Fred wrote the procedure for creating the composite(s),
  so he is likely the one to work on this aspect of the script.  It
  is my view that this kind of enhancement should not be that difficult
  since I do much the same thing for composites created for Unidata
  community use.

Thanks again for the heads-up!

Ticket ID: GEJ-957244
Department: Support McIDAS