[SupportPlaza #ZBT-736432]: problem logging into unidata web site

Hi John,

re:
> I am trying to log into the unidata website to download mcidas and I get
> the following error:
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /downloads/mcidas/index.jsp on this
> server.
>
> Any suggestions? I have tried to log in using both Safari and Firefox on my
> mac.

Being denied download access to Unidata McIDAS-X typically happens when the
user is not registered with the Unidata website with an '.edu' email address
and/or that user did not indicate that s/he is at an educational institution
(our license with UW/SSEC to distribute McIDAS restricts us to providing
the software to educational institutions only).

Question:

- what is the user name (email address) that you used to login to the Unidata
  website?  I see that your inquiry came from address@hidden, but this
  does not necessarily mean that this is the email address you used to
  register with our website.

  If it is something like a gmail.com address, I will need to add that
  user to a McIDAS "exceptions list", a list of non-.edu users that
  are allowed to download Unidata McIDAS-X

Ticket ID: ZBT-736432
Department: Support McIDAS