[McIDAS #JCY-277961]: McIdas ADDE server problem

Hi Mark,

re: all that seems to have been missing was a link

> Sounds good.

> Omega is our primary LDM server and should be processing
> data for McIdas.

I did not see any McIDAS-specific pattern-action file(s)
for McIDAS on omega.  I did not, however, look at the default
pattern-action file, ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf.  If all McIDAS
actions are in it, I would have missed them.  I will take
another look.

re:
> Where would I find the pqact patterns examples to make
> our grid data available?

Something is decoding model data into McIDAS GRID format...
the listing I sent you previously:

grdlist.k RTGRIDS/ALL
Dataset position 209    Directory Title= ALL  00Z MAPS
PAR  LEVEL      DAY          TIME     SRC  FHR  FDAY         FTIME    GRID  PRO
---- ---------- ------------ -------- ---- ---- ------------ -------- ----- ----
U      450 MB   27 JUN 12179 00:00:00 MAPS    0 27 JUN 12179 00:00:00     1 LAMB
Number of grids listed = 1
GRDLIST - done

is for data from yesterday (27 JUN 12), not for today (28 JUN 12); that is why
I commented that the data is not current.

** a few minutes later **

OK, I see that you do have McIDAS decoding actions in the default LDM
pattern-action
file, ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf.  Furthermore, the action for decoding model data in
the HRS datastream is there and correct:

HRS     ^.*
        PIPE    /software/ldm/decoders/xcd_run HRS

Lastly, I see that the McIDAS setting for GRID decoding is active:

<as 'mcidas' on omega>

cd $MCDATA
decinfo.k LIST

Processing Data Monitor: DMSFC        is active
Decoder       Status      Configuration File
SAODEC        Active      ISFCDEC.CFG

Processing Data Monitor: DMGRID       is active
Decoder       Status      Configuration File
GRIB          Active      GRIBDEC.CFG

So, your McIDAS GRID decoding should be up to date...  And it is!

My bad -- I ran the simplest invocation of GRDLIST just plain forgot
that it would list the first, not latest like for image data, decoded
field of the set being maintained on disk.  It appears that you are
setup to keep two days of decoded HRS data in McIDAS format on omega,
so the command I should have run is:

<as 'mcidas'>

cd $MCDATA
grdlist.k RTGRIDS/ALL DAY=180       <- today is Julian day 2012180

Dataset position 210    Directory Title= ALL  00Z MAPS
PAR  LEVEL      DAY          TIME     SRC  FHR  FDAY         FTIME    GRID  PRO
WP     300 MB   28 JUN 12180 00:00:00 MAPS    0 28 JUN 12180 00:00:00     1 LAMB
Number of grids listed = 1

This field is for the current day (like it should be).

Rookie mistake by me; I apologize!

So, it looks like things are working on omega...

Ticket ID: JCY-277961
Department: Support McIDAS