[McIDAS #NII-791672]: McIDAS Download page access denied

Hi Marsha,

re:
> Hi I wish to download the McIDAS software package.  Is it a free package
> similar to IDV, or is it commercial?

Our license to distribute McIDAS is limited to educational institutions.
Institutions like NASA, NOAA, etc. can get our distribution of McIDAS
_if_ they are members in good standing of the McIDAS User's Group (MUG)
at the Space Science and Engineering Center (SSEC) at the University of
Wisconsin at Madison (UW).

> I was given a permission denied to access the server page:
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /downloads/mcidas/index.jsp on this
> server.
> Can you assist.

If your NASA group is a member in good standing of the MUG, we will be
allowed to grant you access to Unidata McIDAS.  If your group is not
a member of the MUG, you will need to join it first.  I advise you
to send email to the MUG support folks at:

McIDAS User's Group <address@hidden>

Ticket ID: NII-791672
Department: Support McIDAS