[McIDAS #BJT-176673]: Question about displaying the Satellite Image On McIDAS-X

Hi,

re:
> Thanks I will figure that out.

OK.

re:
> Also is there no way i can resolve the part
> where it says 1 0001 G-13 IMG...to change that part to black and white?

This is also an enhancement-related issue.

re:
> Also there is no way I can expand those colors to include Blue, Yellow and
> Red. So far I see only blue and red.

The fact that the creation of an enhancement that varies from blue to red
for brightness values that range from 0 to 255 (the full range of possibilities)
results in only two colors in the display strongly suggests that the
data values in your effective radius product have vary small range of
values (or two values).  You can test this hypothesis by using the EB
command:

- use IMGISP to display one of your effective radius images

- run EB

  EB is an interactive command.  Move the mouse in the image display
  and see what the effects are.  If there is a range of values in the
  image, you should see shades of gray in the areas with values

The other thing you can do is probe the image to get the data values:

- use IMGISP to display one of your effective radius images

- run the IMGPROBE command to list out values from the original
  image

  I suggest running:

IMGPROBE LIST POINT

  This is an interactive command... you will be told what to do in
  a message in the Text and Command window.  Basically, you will
  move the mouse cursor around in the McIDAS image window and
  click on areas of interest.  The value of the image pixel under
  the center of the mouse cursor will be listed in the Text and
  Command window.

re:
> Also regarding the IMGOLAY...since the effective radius/visible satellite
> images have different resolution would that be a problem?

Yes, it will be.  What you will have to do is:

- use IMGCOPY to create an image file that has the desired areal
  coverage from the 10.7 or 3.9 image data

- IMGREMAP the effective radius image into the copy that you just
  made

The result of this will be an effective radius image that has the
exact same areal coverage and resolution that you want.  You would
then use IMGOLAY to overlay the remapped effective radius image
on top of the image you want to display it with.

re:
> I am just
> confused on how to use that command. Can you show me an example?
> For
> example the visible satellite 29 th image and effective radius 29 th image?

If you would provide me with example 10.7, 3.9 and effective radius
images, I would be able to write a McIDAS BATCH file that performs
the various steps needed.  I would also be able to interrogate the
effective radius image(s) to see what sorts of range of values that
it/then have.

Question:

- is there some reason that you are reluctant to provide me with
  the images I have requested?

re:
> Sorry for asking so many questions.

No worries.