[McIDAS #KUA-429049]: Re: Question about the legend bar w/errors

Hi Rod,

re: I said that I think that the name of the file on disk is wrong

> How do I change the disk file name?

I can tell you how to change file names in Unix/Linux, but I have to
point out something first:

The name of the disk file in question is:

2011117200200_effrad.area

Since the information in the image itself says that the time of the
image is 22:02, you could rename the file to:

2011117220200_effrad.area

The problem with doing this is that there is already a file with this
name in the /home/rod/mcidas/data/archive/27apr2011 directory:

2011117220200_effrad.area

So, if you rename the file 2011117200200_effrad.area to
2011117220200_effrad.area
you will actually eliminate the image currently in 2011117220200_effrad.area.
I do not think that this is what you really want to do (or is it?).

Here is something else that is "strange" about the image currently named
2011117200200_effrad.area:

The center Lat,Lon of the image is different from every other Effective
Radius Image.  You can see this in the IMGLIST listing that I sent in
the previous email:

56 G-13 IMG 27 APR 11117 22:02:00 29 86 1

The indicated center Lat,Lon is 29N, 86W.  ALL of the other Effective
Radius images have a center Lat,Lon of 35N, 87W.

Because of the two anomalies (name not matching image time and center
Lat,Lon not being the same as the other images), I have two questions:

- why is this image different?

- why is it that this is time time that you want to use?

Something is strange here!!

I'm cranking up Skype so we can chat about this if you have time...

Ticket ID: KUA-429049
Department: Support McIDAS