[McIDAS #LOB-680043]: Fwd: EFFRADVIS APR 27 2025

Hi Rod,

re:
> Yes I want to do that but what I am trying to do is clean up that black
> area and replaced it with the satellite and effective radius being on top
> of it.

Are you talking about the black area that borders the display on all 4 sides,
or are you talking about something else?

If you are talking about the border on all 4 sides, then the easiest way
to eliminate that while keeping the areal coverage the same is to do
either of the following:

- display the images with a higher magnification factor (MAG= keyword)

- reduce the frame size in your McIDAS session so that it is the same
  or slightly larger than the size of the image being displayed

re:
> I dont want to change the ASCII file content.

Then you want to either of the steps above.

re:
> Does that make sense now?

Since the size of a frame in McIDAS is fixed at session startup, the
first thing to try is changing the MAG= keyword setting in the
EFFRAD.BAT BATCH file you are using.  For instance, change MAG=2
to MAG=3 in both IMGDISP lines and then rerun the script.

Ticket ID: LOB-680043
Department: Support McIDAS