[McIDAS #PIR-584729]: McIDAS Research Questions

Hi Rod,

re:
> That's weird.

I assume you are referring to the end of BATCH file you included:

IMGREMAP LOC/AREAS.3203 PRO=RECT

It stated invalid dataset destination name? How can this be invalid when
LOC/AREAS 3203 has been created?

What is LOC/AREAS.3203 being remapped into?

Compare this line with one at the top of the BATCH file:

compare this:

IMGREMAP LOC/AREAS.3203 PRO=RECT

with:

IMGREMAP G13/ERAD27APR11 LOC/AREAS.3103 TIME=20:15

Coupled with the top portion of the HELP for IMGREMAP:

HELP IMGREMAP
IMGREMAP -- Remaps an image into a different projection
  IMGREMAP sdataset ddataset <keywords>

Do you see that the top IMGREMAP is missing the 'ddataset' positional
parameter in its command line?

re:
> Also to create GRID1000 file shouldnt GRDCOPY be invoked?

No, IMGGRD will create the GRID file specified in the GRIDF= keyword if
the file doesn't already exist.

re:
> I am reading through this:

> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/2008/workshop/grids-4.html

Excellent!  There is a LOT information in the McIDAS workshop materials.

re:
> Just trying to understand the process in that example, if that is what you
> are trying to show me.

Yes.  I mentioned the possibility of converting an image to a grid
because I remembered that GRDINFO will list the max and min of
a grid being processed, and you asked if IMGPROBE could be used to
indicate where the max value is located.

By the way, all of this goes back to my original question of exactly
what you are trying to accomplish.  I think that you are proceeding
nicely through the process of thinking more broadly about what it is
you are trying to understand from the data available. After all, this
is what scientific investigation is all about!

Ticket ID: PIR-584729
Department: Support McIDAS