[McIDAS #NJW-868492]: station 60018

Hi Randy,

re:
> Happy New Year!

The same for you!  Are you going to be in Austin for the AMS Annual meeting
next week?  If yes, I'll probably bump into you there (we have a booth).

re:
> I wanted to report that the SIG data for that site 60018 is still not being
> decoded. I
> checked my machine, adde.ucar.edu and lead4.unidata.ucar.edu.

Weird indeed.  At the same time, SIG data _is_ being decoded on
adde.ssec.wisc.edu.

re:
> Any clues?

No, but your email prompted me to try something more drastic on
lead4.unidata.ucar.edu:

- as 'ldm' I first stopped the LDM

- as 'mcidas' I deleted a number of the files used in XCD decoding:

  cd <directory where McIDAS XCD decoding is done>
  rm -f *.RA*
  rm -f *.IDT
  rm -f *.DAT
  rm -f *.IDX

- still as 'mcidas' I ran the BATCH files that configure XCD decoding:

  cd $MCDATA
  batch.k XCD.BAT

- as 'ldm' restarted the LDM

The file deletions should have taken the XCD installation back almost
to ground zero (ground zero would also included deleting of DECOSTAT.DAT,
GRIBDEC.PRO and *.ERR in the $MCDATA directory).

By tomorrow we will know if this effort will result in both mandatory
and significant level data being decoded for Tenerife / Guimar, IDN=60018.

Ticket ID: NJW-868492
Department: Support McIDAS