[McIDAS #PIR-584729]: McIDAS Research Questions

Hi Rod,

re:
> Ok I see. I did the fix and got this? Is this what I am supposed to get?
> Don't know how to interpret this.

I am surprised by the contour plot of RICE that resulted as well.  I
will take a closer look at this sometime today.  I am surprised because
the plot does not look like the one created by IMGPROBE with the CONT
option which does look correct.

re:
> I dont see the original IR projection on this. I am trying to find the
> location of the  max/min effective radius values relative to the original
> IR projection not the remapped image.

I assume you are referring to the display of RICE contours over radar
reflectivity, then yes, the projection is that of the radar image which
is different from the projection of the IR/Effective Radius images.
To get the same projection, you will need to remap the radar image
into the projection of the IR image.  This is done in the exact same
way that other remaps are done, something like:

IMGCOPY LOC/AREAS.3003 LOC/AREAS.3403 SIZE=SAME
IMGREMAP LOC/N0R LOC/AREAS.3403 ID=GWX TIME=20:22 20:27
IMGDISP LOC/AREAS.3403 7 EU=BREF SF=YES
MAP LALO -2 INT=5 5 STATE=MS AL GA COUNTY=ALL MCOL=8
MAP FILE=OUTVHPOL MCOL=1
GRDDISP LOC/GRIDS.1000 GRID=1 NAV=C CINT=5 POWER=-1 FORMAT=F5.1 COL=7 DASH=NEG

Again, I am surprised by the contour plot of RICE values and will
be taking a look sometime today to see what is happening.

Ticket ID: PIR-584729
Department: Support McIDAS