[McIDAS #FJC-762822]: mcidas update

Hi Heather,

re:
> I am trying to install the newest mcidas updates, and I am
> running into some problems.
>
> I have downloaded and unpacked the modified files using mcupdate,
> and now I am trying to remake and reinstall my distribution and
> I am getting the following error:
>
> [mcidas@climate1 src]$ make mcx
> make: NOTICE: VENDOR compiler selection: -vendor
> make: ERROR: Lack files needed for build: mctunnel.c
>
> Your package is incomplete.
>
> make: *** [chksrc] Error 1
>
> Was I supposed to get this file in my update?

Yes.  It must be the case that mctunnel.c was left out of the
update file.  What you can do to get going is download the
full distribution; unpack it, and go from there:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas
-- download full distribution compressed tar file, mcidasx2009.tar.gz
-- download mcunpack
chmod +x mcunpack
-- make sure that the McINST_ROOT environment variable is defined
   (should be the HOME directory of 'mcidas')
./mcunpack

I will update the mcupdate.tar.gz file today in case you do not want
to follow the corrective procedure above.

FYI:

I am in the process of releasing an updated Unidata McIDAS-X/XCD
distribution that includes all SSEC v2013.1 updates/modifications
(which are very minor). I put this update together yesterday
and anticipating releasing it this afternoon.  Like previous Unidata
McIDAS distributions, one will be able to use the update process to
upgrade to this latest version; it will be labeled v2009n

re:
> Thanks!

Sorry for the problems!

Ticket ID: FJC-762822