[McIDAS #KUF-449541]: Verification about the effective radius image. and other questions

Hi Rod,

Sorry for the slow reply; I was helping to put on a regional training
workshop at SJSU this past week, and I did not return to Boulder until
last (Saturday) night.

re:
> Question about the attached image. So the range and bearing tool for
> instance in this case is crossing two pixels. Correct? Just to verify.

Hmm, is your the range and bearing tool the green line?  The green line looks
like it crosses/touches on 5 pixels, not 2.  The red line look more like
the range and bearing tool line since there is a triangle in the center of
the line.  If the red line is your range and bearing tool like, then I can
not say how many pixels it crosses/touches on since the beginning and
end points of the line are not included in the image you sent
(PixelExplanationCalculation.jpg)

re:
> Also....the back azimuth angle with the range and bearing tool is set to
> 227 degrees.. the storm direction angle stated in the tornado warning.

OK.

re:
> Is
> the angle of storm motion the back azimuth angle set at x distance km?

I am not sure I understand the question.  I assume that the storm motion
would always be referred to like wind speeds: a wind of 270 degrees is
coming directly out of the west.  Is this what you are asking?

Ticket ID: KUF-449541
Department: Support McIDAS