[McIDAS #MPH-556293]: Error building mcidas2009 distribution

Hi Angel,

I apologize for not being able to get to your email before now...

re:
> Here Angel Luque again from Las Palmas University, Spain, with another
> throuble with the mcidas program. After OpenSuse we could install the
> mcidas2009 distribution in a ubuntu 12.04 machine in order to improve the
> interaction with other computer tasks related with Meteosat10 HRIT images
> that we receive in real time.

OK.

re:
> The software seems to work well. I can list these files after doing an
> aproppiate DSSERVE as follows.
>
> For the HRV (High Resolution Visible) channel
>
> DSSERVE ADD MSG/HRV MSGT TYPE=IMAGE
> DIRFILE='/media/sf_host_MSG/archive/OPERATIVO/NOMINAL/H-000-MSG*'
>
> For the rest of the 11 channels
>
> DSSERVE ADD MSG/VISIR MSGT TYPE=IMAGE
> DIRFILE='/home/aluque/mcidas/data/SEVIRI_NOMINAL/H-000-MSG*'
>
> Now I can list (IMGLIST) or copy (IMGCOPY) these files such as mcidas
> AREAS.

Very good.

re:
> The problem is when I try to display the images with IMGDISP.
>
> The HRV channel and visible channel 1 and 2 are displayed completelly black
> in the whole earth disk during solar hours.

Hmm... this certainly seems that there is something wrong.

re:
> Channel 3 completelly white with black small spots.
>
> The rest of near and thermal infrared are displayed correctly.

OK.

re:
> I copy some visible Meteosat10, HRIT files to another dataset (IMGCOPY) and
> it happens the same when I display the images from the new dataset.

OK.  This sounds like the original images are bad/blank.

re:
> I have downloaded Meteosat10 files in the mcidas format from EUMETSAT (but
> only the HRV channel) and the error in the display happens again.
>
> This error in the visible Meteosat10 HRIT images is observed also using the
> mcidas instaled in the OpenSuse machine.

If it is observed on two different OSes, it would seem likely that the
problem is either with the image(s) themselves, or a strange bug in
McIDAS.

re:
> I recover your last email where you talk about a list of X fonts that I
> should install. I am not sure but maybe the problem is caused by this fact.

No, the fonts have nothing to do with the display of data.  The fonts
are needed for the 'mctext' and/or GUI/MCGUI interfaces.

re:
> Should I begin with the installation of these X fonts?

Yes, but this will not solve your image display problem.

re:
> Again I can give access to our machine if you find it important.

This would be most useful.  The other option is that you make
available the data files you are working with.

Ticket ID: MPH-556293
Department: Support McIDAS