[ldmMcidas #OJB-462098]: Help! Things are not working

Hi Dave,

re:
> It was working.

> One of the things that was the major contributer was the
> ADDESITE.TXT file.  There was a reference in there to HOST climate =
> 10.11.3.65 which it was now 10.11.0.65.  That was first problem I figured
> out.

OK, this makes sense.  ADDESITE.TXT (and MCTABLE.TXT files) are used to
"cache" dataset_group -> hostname <-> IP information.  When IP addresses
change for a host included in this(these) file(s), one needs to run
DATALOC HOST to force a refresh of the name <-> IP information.

re:
> Why the change in the directories occured, I know paul ran some .BAT
> files which I don't know if that copied default configs over to the other
> configs like NEXRADDE.BAT and changed the /home/data/mcidas to become
> /data/ldm/mcidas (default) may have done some reconfigurations.

The BATCH files included in the McIDAS distribution do not have any
actions to overwrite themselves/other BATCH files in the McIDAS
distribution.  One could include such changes in locally-created
BATCH files and/or scripts, but that would have to be well thought
out to do (i.e., it wouldn't be that easy).

re:
> Are there
> any .BAT files that may have executed a "factory default" config?

No, not by default, that is.

re:
> Would the best thing to FIX problems here be to re-run the mcxconfig script?

That would be the straightforward approach especially if locations of things
(e.g., McIDAS-XCD decoded files, etc.) changed.

I _really_ don't have any theory how the REDIRECTion backing store file
LWPATH could become damaged in the way that it was damaged.  The problems
I found were references to a directory '/home/data/m' instead of
'/home/data/mcidas'.

re: GUI not working/coming up

This is definitely weird.  Both the SSEC GUI and McIDAS MCGUI use the
'mcwish' executable created by the McIDAS build.  The version of 'mcwish'
that was created by the build on 'climate' appears to be viable:

mcidas@climate:~/workdata$ ldd ../bin/mcwish
        linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007fffe8b9c000)
        libtk8.5.so => /home/mcidas/tcl/lib/libtk8.5.so (0x00007f1f60403000)
        libtcl8.5.so => /home/mcidas/tcl/lib/libtcl8.5.so (0x00007f1f600f8000)
        libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6
(0x00007f1f5fdb3000)
        libgfortran.so.3 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgfortran.so.3
(0x00007f1f5fa9c000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0x00007f1f5f7a0000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1
(0x00007f1f5f589000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007f1f5f1ca000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f1f5efc6000)
        libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1
(0x00007f1f5eda7000)
        libquadmath.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libquadmath.so.0
(0x00007f1f5eb71000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f1f60745000)
        libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXau.so.6
(0x00007f1f5e96e000)
        libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXdmcp.so.6
(0x00007f1f5e767000)

I see no references to missing shared libraries, and it will look for
the shared Tcl and Tk libraries in the correct installation location,
/home/mcidas/tcl/lib.

I will try to run the MCGUI when I get into work.  Currently I am at home trying
to dig out of the new 1' of snow that fell overnight...