[McIDAS #ECE-924432]: Creating and populating a local ADDE server

Hi Kevin,

re:
> Yes, the installation was not complete.  I followed your advice
> and reinstalled.  A key step was defining the environment variable
> CC.

This should have been done by virtue of sourcing the environment
file ~mcidas/admin/mcidas_env.(sh|csh) at login:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/PreparingthemcidasAccount.html

re:
> All seems to have gone well, but at this point I am a bit confused
> as to how I can:
>
> 1) set up proper group and dataset definitions so I can display point
>    observations in McIDAS
> 2) make it so IDV can display point observations from my ADDE server

OK.

re:
> I have followed the steps enumerated in the web document "Configuring
> McIDAS-XCD"
> (i.e., as user McIDAS, run the TE and BATCH commands) ... all "seems" to have
> gone okay.
>
> If you wouldn't mind making a house call, please do:  the login in info  is
> as follows:
> xxxxx
>
> I have set our firewall so derecho can be accessed from IP numbers beginning
> with
> 128.117.  If you have another IP you would log in from, let me know and I'll
> add
> a rule on our firewall.

I just tried to SSH to your machine from two different machines in two different
domains in Unidata:

128.117.140.62 - laraine.unidata.ucar.edu
128.117.156.80 - gale.unidata.ucar.edu