[McIDAS #VZA-525318]: [mcidas-x] DSINFO command hangs indefinately

Hi João,

re:
> I have recently installed McIDAS-X 2009 on my CentOS virtual machine.

Given the version number (v2009), I assume that you got this distribution
from us, the Unidata Program Center/UCAR.  Is this true?  If yes, I have to
ask how you got the distribution?  The reason I ask is that your email
address, address@hidden, suggests that you work for a private company.
Since our license with the owners of McIDAS, the Space Science and Engineering
Center (SSEC) of the University of Wisconsin at Madison (UW) only permits
us to distribute our version of McIDAS, Unidata McIDAS-X to universities,
I am concerned that your use might be violating this license.  If you/your
site is a member in good standing with the McIDAS Users Group (MUG) at
UW/SSEC, then it is OK for you to use Unidata McIDAS.

re:
> I am
> attempting to follow the instructions listed in the page linked below but
> the command DSINFO, mentioned on step 4 simply hangs on my machine.

I am unfamiliar with the site that you include in the URL below.  When I try
to go to it in my browser, I see a page about TV shows...

re:
> A quick use of the shift+alt command shows me that the "DSINFO IMAGE
> BLIZZARD" is still running.

What machine are you trying to contact for information about the
BLIZZARD dataset?  You find this by:

DATALOC LIST BLIZZARD

re:
> Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Maybe it has something to do
> with the fact that I'm using a virtual machine?

I run McIDAS in a CentOS 6.4 x86_64 virtual machine running in VMware Player.
I have no problems using or developing McIDAS in this environment.

re:
> Mentioned link:
> http://www.hagah.com.br/programacao-tv/jsp/default.jsp?uf=26&action=programa&canal=DIS&operadora=14&programa=0000324361&evento=000000495254039&gds=

Was this the link you meant to include?