[McIDAS #HUK-605825]: GOES-east Outage

Hi Fred,

Sorry for the slow replies; I am in Cartagena, Colombia at the moment,
not in Boulder.

re:
> No news from NESDIS on when GOES-13 will be fixed or abandoned.  I tried to
> access the old SSEC Unidata ADDE satellite feed, but the data there is a
> year old for both east and west.

That was turned off since the machine was basically overloaded with
other duties.

re:
> I looked at the NESDIS PUB ADDE site, but
> they only have the hemispheric GOES data.  Is there any word on moving the
> GOES-east antenna in Boulder to get the GOES-14 data?

There have been two unsuccessful attempts to point the dish at GOES-14
back in Boulder.  Mike Schmidt is doing the work assisted by another
staff member, and has not been able to find the GOES-14 signal; both
he and I have no idea of what is wrong.  We know the LNB is OK since
the first time he tried, he swung to far west and locked onto GOES-West
(I verified this via IMGLISTs while pointing at the machine).  I
have not had any interactions with Mike for the past two days, so
I can not report on further attempts/progress; sorry.

Ticket ID: HUK-605825
Department: Support McIDAS