[McIDAS #HUK-605825]: GOES-east Outage

Hi Fred,

re:
> Your Boulder EAST data started to have GOES-14 data yesterday at 22:30Z.

Yup, I had an email from Mike Schmidt letting me know that he had been
successful in repointing the dish yesterday afternoon.

re:
> Tell the guys back in Boulder thanks for their efforts at moving the antenna.

Will do.

re:
> In looking at the
> GOES-14 full disk images, the navigation says the satellite sub-point is 0N,
> 100W, not
> 105W as NESDIS specified.  The trouble finding GOES-14 could have been that
> the
> satellite was not where NESDIS said it was.

Actually, the problem was a bit different:  the attempt was to simply swing the
dish toward the west without using the tracking mechanism.  This did not work
since the azimuth was off for GOES-14 (but OK for GOES-15!?).  The fix required
work to get the tracking motors working again (ancient hardware) so that
the dish could be moved correctly.  Once this was finished, they were
able to lock on to the signal with no problems and data started flowing nicely.

Have a good trip!

Ticket ID: HUK-605825
Department: Support McIDAS