[McIDAS #VNL-740758]: Radiances in mcidas, Angel

Hi Angel,

re:
> I am obtaining radiances from a Meteosat10 visible image (band 1, 0.6 um)
> defining first the unit as "RAD" (data cunit/'RAD'/) and then using the
> mcaget subroutine in a mcidas program
>
> mcaget(name,msorts,sorts,cunit(i),'I4',MAXELE*4,1,idir2, handle(i) )
>
> I have written the results in the attached file "alex-aot.log" and radiances
> are the column 9 however I am not sure about the exact units. I did`t find
> a clear document about units when programming mcidas commands I guess they
> are milliwatts/meter**2/steradian/(cm-1) because is what you get using the
> AXFORM command with keyword UNIT=RAD.

I believe that is correct. You should be able to verify this through
use of the IMGPROBE command.

re:
> I need to transform them to W/m2/um in order to estimate AOT (aerosol
> optical thickness).

OK.  Are you asking a question here, or was the main thrust of your
email the question about units above?

Ticket ID: VNL-740758
Department: Support McIDAS